Important notes prior to beginning:
- This is for current devices already setup with MobileIron access to Norton Email
- Prior to beginning this effort please ensure you have a fully charged battery and have good connectivity
First phase is to un-enroll your device from MobileIron
- Swipe down twice from the top of your Android device, and tap on the small gear icon at the bottom right to open Settings.
- Tap Security
- Tap Device admin apps
- Tap on the Mobile@Work icon on the left. Do not tap the slider switch on the right side.
- Tap Deactivate this device admin app near the bottom of the screen
- Select OK when prompted to proceed
- When complete, you will see that the Mobile@Work admin app has been disabled.
- Please note at the top, you will see a prompt stating Configuration Required at the top of the screen. Do not tap on this as you will be installing a new MobileIron Go app which will replace it. You may safely close this screen.
- Uninstall one or more of the following apps: Apps@Work, Mobile@Work, Mail (Email+), Secure Apps Manager, Web@Work, Docs@Work. Select OK when prompted for each
- Your device is now un-enrolled from the old MobileIron Core system, and must be re-enrolled in the new MobileIron Cloud in order to receive e-mail on your device.
Second phase enroll your device in MobileIron Go
- Open the Play Store app.
- Download and install the MobileIron Go app.
- After installation is complete, open the MobileIron Go app.
- Enter your full Norton email address, then select Continue.
- Confirm your email, and enter your network password
- If this is a personal device, ensure that I own this device. is selected
- Select Continue.
- Select CONTINUE on the next two screens.
- Select CONTINUE when prompted to create Work Profile on the device, then Accept & continue at the next screen.
- Select Next on the next screen
- Once installation completes, you will most likely see Device out of compliance in the MobileIron Go app. Click the refresh icon to the right and the device should check in.
- The device should show Device in compliance within 2-3 minutes, depending on your network connection.
- The device should show that the following apps have been installed. (Note: Exact apps may be changed over time, as standards and user needs change.) This should take less than 15 minutes, again, depending on the device’s network connection.
- Note that once installed, you can swipe up from the home screen to see both a PERSONAL and WORK profile on their device when viewing apps. When accessing Norton email, you will need to open Email+ from the WORK profile, then log in. Shortcuts to any the WORK profile apps can be created on the device home screen if desired.
IMPORTANT: Once email is configured, the initial mail, calendar, and contacts sync may take up to 30-60 minutes to complete. Do not restart the device during this process.