Mobile Iron Upgrade
Information Service will be upgrading our MobileIron services over the next few months. While most of the upgrade will be very seamless and done in the background the process may require you to perform a few small steps to finish the migration. To better prepare your device(s) please review the information below:
Need Help, Got Questions?
- If you have questions about this effort please feel free to call the Support Center at (502) 629-8911 and press option 3
- Do I have to take this upgrade?
- Yes, this is a requirement if you wish to maintain access to Norton Healthcare email and other corporate applications
- Can I defer this upgrade?
- No, at this time we have scheduled this process to ensure we hit critical goals to fully upgrade our services for operational needs
- How will Corporate Apps be handles?
- Corporate apps on your device will remain on the device. No re-installation of these apps will be required.
- If I no longer want access to corporate apps or email what can I do?
- Call the Support Center and we will help you remove MobileIron off your personal device
PREP PRIOR TO MIGRATION:
- Make sure your device(s) are charged and powered on during the migration period specified in the email that you will receive when you are scheduled.
- Make sure you have a recent backup of your device(s)
- For help with Apple Products click HERE
- For help with Android Products click HERE
- Make sure your device(s) are connected to the Internet
- Make sure your device(s) are checking into MobileIron on a regular basis. To see if your device is checking into MobileIron, simply open the Mobile@Work app on the device.
- For Apple products – you will see a “last checked in” with the date and a time in the app
- For Android products – you will see “checked in” with a date and time in the app.
- Make sure you do not “quit” the Mobile@Work app by flicking it off. Mobile@Work must be running in the background during the migration period.
- If your device has not checked in within the last 24 hours, or if the app prompts you to register the device, or if the app has not been installed on your device, please ensure this has been done
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Mobile@Work app of 12.11.1.
- Note that you may have to update your device OS to the latest version prior to updating Mobile@Work.
- Reminder – if you have to upgrade your device always ensure you have a good recent backup
- Pin code – this migration will require you to have a 6 digit pin code that unlocks your device. If you have less than 6 digits consider changing that as the process will require you once the migration begins
- For help with Apple Products click HERE
- For Android Products click HERE
- Typically, the migration of your device will be triggered when your device checks into MobileIron. The most common occurrence is when the device is unlocked.
- While the migration window is over a longer period, the actual migration of your device takes about 5-15 minutes.
- All the tasks involved in migrating your device are done behind the scene. There will be no interaction required from you to complete the actual migration.
- During migration, you can continue to use your device except composing/replying to Norton Healthcare emails, as your mailbox will be removed and recreated on the device as a part of the process.
- If you are on a call or on other tasks on the device that may interfere with the migration, the migration will pause until you have completed the task or finished the call.
- Once your device(s) have been migrated, the system will send you a separate communication informing you the migration of your devices has been completed.
- If there are errors during migration, the Mobile@Work app will notify you.
- You will be notified that the migration of your device has failed with the following options:
- Send Mobile@Work Logs – this will provide MobileIron Support with the logs to troubleshoot the issue
- Exit – Close and relaunch the Mobile@Work app
Support: If your migration has issues please contact the Norton Service Center at (502) 629-8911, press option 3
Once your device has been migrated, you may have to perform the following tasks on your device:
- Re-enter your Norton username/email address and password to access your Norton Healthcare email.
- If you device pin does not meet the required length (6 digits) you will be prompted to update it
- Certain personalized email/contact/calendar settings on your device may have changed. You may wish to re-set them.
- Accepts one or more certificates on your device